AppRiver Launches Next Generation Secure Email Delivery Services
AppRiver, a leading provider of email messaging and Web security solutions, today unveiled a new secure email delivery solution, CipherPost Pro™, a robust yet cost-effective service that allows businesses to control and encrypt email and email attachments with confidence and ease.
CipherPost Pro combines email encryption, certified email delivery, secure file transfer and light-weight data loss prevention into one seamless offering. The product also "wraps" around any existing email infrastructure or application so organizations do not have to replace any technology that is currently in place, including their email addresses or email programs.
A SaaS-based solution, CipherPost Pro enables rapid new customer deployments and is centrally managed so IT professionals can easily see the number of users, determine the amount of storage available for secure email attachments, and review usage analysis and other system data. The solution also provides unique functionality in its patented "Delivery Slip," which allows authorized individuals to see multiple characteristics about a given message, such as who sent it, who received it and how it was handled, including deletions, forwards and attachment downloads-all time-stamped and with corresponding IP addresses.
Based on a technology partnership with encryption platform provider Email2 SCP Solutions Inc., AppRiver's CipherPost Pro includes the following features:
- Encrypted email-By default, a stub message directing a message recipient to a website for secure content download is sent; if the recipient has installed a Microsoft Outlook toolbar, the encrypted message is sent and decrypted at the point of receipt.
- Patented Delivery Slip-As noted previously, the delivery slip shows who sent and received a message and how it was handled, with updated time stamping and the IP address representing each participant's device.
- Certified Email Delivery-CipherPost Pro can notify the sender when a message has been received and opened. In addition, the sender can set other controls, such as blocking the ability for the recipient to print or forward the message (marking it "For Your Eyes Only").
- Secure File Transfer-CipherPost Pro users can send encrypted attachments right from their Microsoft Outlook clients. CipherPost Pro will encrypt the attachment and hold it, sending a stub message to the recipient who can then retrieve the attachment from a secure website. AppRiver can design a custom-branded CipherPost Pro site for retrieving the attachment.
- Data loss prevention by content filtering-IT administrators can set policies regarding the handling of messages that would appear to contain sensitive information, such as Social Security or credit card numbers. CipherPost Pro can stop such messages from being sent or can take other actions, based on the set policy.
"CipherPost Pro is ideal for companies in industries where tracking messages is just as important as securing them, such as legal or insurance firms and companies in many other industries that are governed by regulatory compliance," said Thierry Levasseur, CEO, Email2 SCP Solutions Inc. "In these settings, close control of email content, including attachments, is both mandatory and essential to the way the organizations perform their services."
"We are excited about our technology partnership with Email2 because it addresses those concerns businesses have when faced with today's email encryption laws and industry regulations," said Joel Smith, CTO, AppRiver. "With CipherPost Pro, we are not only helping customers remain compliant, but also offering them some peace of mind. Plus, it's brilliantly simple so that employees don't have to swap out familiarity and simplicity for security."
Pricing and Availability
CipherPost Pro is available as a stand-alone service or as an add-on to AppRiver's Secure Exchange Hosting offering, and it includes an agent from Microsoft Outlook as well as a Mac desktop agent. CipherPost Pro also includes mobile support. Pricing is based on specific customer configuration and the number of users.
More information about CipherPost Pro may be found here: http://www.appriver.com/services/email-encryption/.
AppRiver is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) provider offering award-winning email and Web security solutions to businesses of all sizes. Understanding the need to protect networks from today's increasingly complex IT threats, AppRiver offers businesses a comprehensive, yet affordable subscription-based solution that incorporates the latest spam and virus protection, email encryption and Web security on the market. In addition, the company provides a complete managed service for Microsoft Exchange, as well as a bundled Office 365 solution. Since its inception, AppRiver has sustained an impressive 93% customer retention rate while growing its customer base to more than 45,000 companies and over 8 million mailboxes worldwide. The company is led by an Ernst & Young Florida Entrepreneur of the Year award winner, and has been identified as a Top 20 Cloud Security Vendor in 2011 by Everything Channel's CRN magazine. For more information, please visit www.appriver.com.